Thursday, July 29, 2010

On the road again...

It's 2010 and I'm going to try to keep this blog up to date with an occasional entry as we travel west to San Francisco and then North to Alaska once again. Our first day took us through several major back-ups thanks to closed lanes on I-80 in PA, but we arrived safely if late. As we drove along, I was thinking about the places that replicate other place names across the USA. I mean, here I am in Boston Heights, Ohio! Not a hill overlooking the Massachusetts city. Not too far from here is Miami (OH) and on the way out, we passed by the Jersey Shore in Pennsylvania. (I've heard that a group from NJ settled on the banks of a nearby river and the natives of the area began to call that bank of the river "the Jersey shore".) And we also passed nearby Indiana, Pennsylvania - those folks just can't decide where they are!
Of course, there's only one Rahway.
Tomorrow, it's off to Utica...Illinois.

3 comments:

Chris Klug said...

You may not, but if you come back anywhere near Pittsburgh, you should stop by and see us!

mjmjr said...

After experiencing the traffic on I-80 in Ohio and Pennsy, we may well be a little further south than expected. If we're close to Pittsburg, I'll give you a yell!

mjmjr said...

Sorry: Pittsburgh