Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hotlanta

"Oh Atlanta, I hear you calling...." (Allison Krause & Union Station)
Well, it's calling because of this theater and education conference, otherwise I think I'd come back in cooler time of year weather. We arrived in the midst of a thunderstorm (they badly need the rain - a drought has lowered their reservoirs considerably and I understand they've had to go to Tennessee to get some water.) Our travel day took us through 100 degree temps, though after the storm, it's closer to 88.
But Atlanta is beautiful. I spent part of the day in the Woodruff Arts Center (named for the founding owner of Coca-Cola) and the Center for Puppetry where I learned to make a shadow puppet. Lots of things to see and do here - a new aquarium, a botanical garden, Coca-Cola, and CNN. And, oh yeah, I'm supposed to go to theater workshops!

1 comment:

*jeanne* said...

The World of Coca-Cola, or whatever they call it, is fun! Free coke, too, and other different flavors from around the world, if it's the same as when I was there for a Southeastern Theatre Conference mass audition.